Euro sleeper Night train

Just booked my ticket for the sleeper train from Brussels to Berlin to visit my son in May. I'm really looking forward to that and will be taking the Eurostar from London to Brussels to join the sleeper. I think I'm done with flying unless absolutely necessary. It's not the flying, it's the airports I can't stand, so much time spent hanging around. And of course they have gotten worse over the past 20 years with all the heightened security.

Edited by Brew Man
  • Like 1

Did you book the ÖBB Night Jet?

The sleeper trains are absolutely amazing. We once took the car-/sleeper train from Munich to Hamburg. Rolled the car on the train in Munich and went to the passenger coaches. Slept all the way and rolled off in Hamburg the next morning. Amazing.

Sometimes they park somewhere for a while in the middle of the night. So do not be worried, if you wake up and the train is completely silent, holding still in a goods yard. It happens when the schedule allows for it. There is no fun in arriving too early in the morning. 😉

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

What's the OBB night jet? Obviously I didn't book it or I'd know what it is 😂.

If it's related to cars then definitely not. I'm going bus to London, Eurostar to Brussels, then Eurosleeper to Berlin.

Edited by Brew Man

Ah, European Sleeper is a "new" operator. ÖBB Night Jet is the Austrian operator that operates night trains around Europe.

The car trains mostly run on the north/south axis. They are a great way to skip a lot of driving on the motorway when going to Southern Germany, Austria or Italy.

I hope you have a great trip!

Posted (edited)

Thanks, HST, I'm looking forward to it. It'll be the first long train ride I've been on for a number of years, so I'd better remember to pack my guard's hat and whistle 😂

Edited by Brew Man
  • Like 1