Newly announced container wagons

Sadly too new for High Fell but they look stunning but something curious. Arnold launched these in TT only a matter of months ago, and sold out almost immediately. Hornby announce essentially the same wagon…. But with a Diecast chassis, the description on the Arnold site is that was plastic. Just curious if anyone has the Arnold version and confirm if it’s plastic or diecast. At first I was wondering if they were tooling the exact same model one branded Arnold on bottom and another Hornby but it seems the Hornby one is going to be an upgrade. Will the next batch of Arnold ones be plastic or the Hornby diecast ones. 😁

42 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

Sadly too new for High Fell but they look stunning but something curious. Arnold launched these in TT only a matter of months ago, and sold out almost immediately. Hornby announce essentially the same wagon…. But with a Diecast chassis, the description on the Arnold site is that was plastic. Just curious if anyone has the Arnold version and confirm if it’s plastic or diecast. At first I was wondering if they were tooling the exact same model one branded Arnold on bottom and another Hornby but it seems the Hornby one is going to be an upgrade. Will the next batch of Arnold ones be plastic or the Hornby diecast ones. 😁

Ordered the DFDS one using my points, Hapaglloyd ones my HST points are credited soon, not sure if @Peachy  got some Arnold ones or if it was something else from their range.

1 hour ago, Rallymatt said:

The Arnold model is diecast chassis, it’s the exact same model as far as I can see (also the same containers as the previously announced second run of Arnold wagons).   Review here gives details on the chassis and weight:  

Edited by John-L
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks @John-L; Arnold are selling themselves short on their description by just just mentioning plastic. It does make a lot more sense for them to be identical. 
It is a truly beautiful model and another that Hornby should be proud of. 

Edited by Rallymatt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rallymatt said:

Thanks @John-L; Arnold are selling themselves short on their description by just just mentioning plastic. It does make a lot more sense for them to be identical. 
It is a truly beautiful model and another that Hornby should be proud of. 

Probably makes for a quicker turneraround if they are just changing the brand logos and colours

This is certainly where Hornby Group can achieve greater things, using these synergies. 

I notice that Oxford Diecast have a OO reach stacker for containers … it’d be nice if they could shrink it a bit….

Edited by Moccasin
Clarity

Peter, that would be real joined up thinking! If HH went the extra they could start introducing 1:120 scale Airfix kits … ships, planes etc I remember the great OO Airfix railway kits. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

Peter, that would be real joined up thinking! If HH went the extra they could start introducing 1:120 scale Airfix kits … ships, planes etc I remember the great OO Airfix railway kits. 

Ships would be great for your layout! I think Scalescenes do a couple of vessels, including a lifeboat, but maybe not big enough for your needs.

27 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

Run out of Likes... This would be a fantastic idea 

• Like 1

i have got a couple of them but i mist out on  the grey one ,they look great on my layout .

I can't wait to get some more .if  we could get different containers from anold and hornby to put on them like they do in oo a pack of three would be nice . 

and hornby and airfix  please some nice boats in   TT  120 scale would  be great  a fishing boat to  start with😊

I wonder if the economics would work out on a new Airfix ‘model railway’ range, OO and TT:120. I would imagine any agreement with Dapol and old incarnation of Airfix has long expired and almost certainly wouldn’t cover TT:120. 3D printing is proving there is a demand for kits, just depends on the volumes. A lot of 3D printed stuff is quite ropey and long term it doesn’t last.