HM7000 won’t respond to reset password

Just added new Samsung tablet device to work on new Legacy dongle which works all fine with my DCC set up, but having problems setting up hm7000 decoder, I originally had it installed on my iPhone which is now all deleted including app, I have the password reset but it keeps saying invalid password ? Do I need to contact Hornby and ask for another password ?

2 hours ago, HST43 said:

Just added new Samsung tablet device to work on new Legacy dongle which works all fine with my DCC set up, but having problems setting up hm7000 decoder, I originally had it installed on my iPhone which is now all deleted including app, I have the password reset but it keeps saying invalid password ? Do I need to contact Hornby and ask for another password ?

Just power it down and restart everything. I thought that glitch was fixed. The password is always the same for each decoder based upon its MAC address. It should a4c13800xxxx where xxxx is your decoder's last 4 digits. Generic password if still working is Reset1234

Had email sent from Hornby with the reset password but no luck in getting to respond to resetting, powered everything down, so will the generic password get it back working again ?

Almost certainly it will. Be aware that the last four digits of the decoder address, as referred to by Rob, may contain capital letters but they have to be typed in lower case. Also don't confuse the number 0 with the letter o.

2 hours ago, HST43 said:

So would I type in a4c13801….   Followed by the 4 last digits of generic password ?

No and you were never told to use a4c1380either

The generic is stand alone for any decoder, else it is the standard precursor a4c13800 plus your decoder last 4 as advised.