Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

I wasn't going to do this, but here goes. People are allowed to put wrong questions in the wrong forum slot's, some people can kill a thread dead with one remark. Others can enthrall me with stupid remarks. MY LATEST ACQUISITION IS A 1941 MORRIS QUAD GUN

TRACTOR. IN AS MANY BITS AS YOU COULD THINK POSSIBLE. MY JOB IS TO RESTORE TO IT'S FORMER GLORY, SHALL I USE DCC OR SOUND. NO I SHALL PUT IT BACK TOGETHER AND HAVE SOME FUN WITH HER. SHE IS 12" TO THE FOOT AND GOING TO BE A CHALLENGE AND A HALF. I WILL LEAVE

TO YOUR SQUABBLES, EVEN THE MOST RESPECT MEMBER ON THIS FORUM HAS MADE ME STAND BACK AND THINK REALLY.

Wow! That is one heck of a restoration job! How long do you expect that to take you?

Will it be road legal when it is finished? Please keep us informed about progress.

mortehoe said:

I wasn't going to do this, but

here goes. People are allowed to put wrong questions in the wrong forum slot's, some people can kill a thread dead with one remark. Others can enthrall me with stupid remarks. MY LATEST ACQUISITION IS A 1941 MORRIS QUAD GUN TRACTOR. IN AS MANY BITS AS YOU

COULD THINK POSSIBLE. MY JOB IS TO RESTORE TO IT'S FORMER GLORY, SHALL I USE DCC OR SOUND. NO I SHALL PUT IT BACK TOGETHER AND HAVE SOME FUN WITH HER. SHE IS 12" TO THE FOOT AND GOING TO BE A CHALLENGE AND A HALF. I WILL LEAVE TO YOUR SQUABBLES, EVEN THE MOST

RESPECT MEMBER ON THIS FORUM HAS MADE ME STAND BACK AND THINK REALLY.

Not really a new acquisition but I've just taken delivery of a Blue B12 body and tender. I am now combining these with an old Triang Hall chassis with some other B12 bits in my bit box to make a whole loco.- just need to find some short crank pins screws

to finish the job before servicing.

81F said:

Not really a new acquisition but I've just taken delivery of a Blue B12 body and tender. I am now combining these with an old Triang Hall chassis with some other B12 bits in my bit box to make a whole loco.- just need to find some

short crank pins screws to finish the job before servicing.

Typical - Just ordered some new body screws (about 10! only to find the now surplus one holding the Halls plastic cylinders to the frame extension is the same!

Just tested my latest acquisition. Absolutely superb! A Late BR Western Region 0-6-2T Class 56XX 5601 specially fitted with sound, directional lamps, flickering firebox and smoke. Have a look at January's "Model Rail" bottom half of page 21 to see a great

review of this class of loco enhanced by the very guy I bought it from. Anyone who thinks the sound is tinny and smoke plume paltry wants shooting.

The Caley coaches had the usual workshop treatment including paintwork, de-rusting of the axles and weights etc.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/thetriangman/DSCN0535_zps2fbd9456.jpg

They look lovely now, just got to put some new glazing

into two boxes, easy job.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/thetriangman/DSCN0541_zpsf9fb539e.jpg

The single is also very nice too, again it's been through the workshop this week.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/thetriangman/DSCN0546_zps79f1d08c.jpg

Also purchased this week was a Hornby R.52S Jinty with smoke, it's been rebuilt this week and is in the workshop this afternoon for a rewire using new correct wire.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/thetriangman/DSCN0552_zps95e60a33.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/thetriangman/DSCN0551_zps8400fc0f.jpg

Just bought another two corridor Midland Clerestories. I will soon be polishing away the "Midland" and the class designations (which I have already done for anther 3) and fixing GWR and Garter transfers as per the 1908 Olympic GWR clerestories.

Once

re-varnished these make quite a passable representation of the 1912-1922 GWR maroon and looks quite presentable alongside the 1908 coaches.

The only tip I have is don't polish away (with Brasso)the old markings too hard otherwise you'll go through to

the black plastic.

As a very young lad in the early 1950's I often saw Deltic, 10000, 10001, 10201, 10202 and 10203 through Blisworth on the WCML. I haven't got any of them yet for my railway but what sort of livery would they have had then? I can't quite remember but wouldn't

mind getting some of them eventually (with sound, of course).

Earlier this week I received one of the 1948 Olympic limited edition train packs that were in the recent Hornby sale. At the price they were going for I basically got two premium range Gresley teaks fro free!

p.s. re Graskie & walkingthedog, I thought

Deltics were largely ECML locos (unless they were re-allocated later in their life).

I know, WTD. I never intended it to be read that they ever were. We used to see "The Deltic" then, and in fact we used to boo it because we had seen it so many times. The cry used to go out, "Deltic!" in a rather disappointed way. It was the original "Deltic"

we saw. I know now that the later Deltic class members worked the ECML.