digital elite

simon60

This might seem a stupid question but have you DCC chipprd you're locomotive and have you given it a number- some people forget to do these things!!!!, hope this helps, Jacob

Bechio has done it again for leeds, right into the top corner, Leeds have won the game

well as far i know the train came dcc fitted sound an all ,and have given it a number via the elite does that sound right

We really need a bit more information to be able to help with this. Have you got any other locos, if so, do they work.? Have you just converted to DCC or is it a completly new layout? When you say you have given it a new number, what number have you given it? Did you connect the Elite via the "Prog" terminals whilst programming? Did you hear any clicking from the Elite? Have you tried to run it as number 3? What model is it?
Rog :-)

the whole layout is brandnew as is the loco (only have one ) gave it the number 9 as shown in youtube clip the red light comes on when programed and makes a low pitch click have done track and program terminals

Check the box first if you don't know if it is DCC Fited or not. It will say if it is or not. Also check when you put it on the track to run it if their is a high pitched sound coming from it. If their is it will mean it is not DCC fitted and you will need to fit a chip to the locomotive

Bechio has done it again for leeds, right into the top corner, Leeds have won the game

</div>
--------------------------------------------------------------------

its a class 25/3 loco

Is this a B@chm@nn model? </div>

</div>

-----------yes it is --------------------------------------------------------- Rog :-)</div>

In order to program the loco you must have had the track connected to the program sockets on the back of the elite. In order to run the loco you have to connect the track to the other pair of sockets (labelled track). The Elite will not drive the loco if connected to the program socket.

yes i had the wires in the program sockets then moved them to the track socket

I think a basic test may be needed here. Connect the wires from the Elite's track terminals to the track. With the Elite powered up, put a metal objject (a coin is ideal) on the tracks. Does the Elite show "error"

no

Simon, placing the coin across the tracks should have shorted out the elite and the elite would then report "error". this means that there is a lack of continuity somehere between the elite and the track. it is worth re-checking your connections at the elite and the track clip and anywhere in betweeen where you have joins. if this is all Ok then the problem could be that there is a broken connection internal to teh elite. if this is the case then it is "return to sender" time. Greg

Archived