Parts availability

beeman37

Considering how many 'old' models are around still working, and the need to generate turnover/profits, why will Hornby please consider making replacement parts for these. Modellers do not throw away these locos when they still run, even if not as efficiently

as they should. Therefore I am suggesting that Hornby SHOULD and is BIG enough to produce certain parts which would sell,i.e. 5 pole armatures/magnets which would fit the older ringfields with correct shaft sizes, 5 pole xo4 motors and spares, heater elements

for the syncrosmoke units, traction tyres. These are still wanted by collectors who run the older models. These models last longer than most modern day cars in terms of years and sentimal value so please Hornby give it some thought, surely made in China could

be profitable to you, Few modellers or collectors will scrap a model for wanting a specific spare.There has to be some profit in it. Beeman

Lots of money in old spares, people just want them for nothing that's all, they cost 3old pence in 1960whatever and people expect to buy them at that price, alas prices and times have changed. However there is a living to be earnt out of spares new and

old. I break a lot of new and old locos to order for parts and it's quite a good market.

I confess I now buy up old locomotives as donors, to keep my fleet runable. Toy fairs are good, and it is still possible to find people who say "I think I have some in my loft you can have". Ultimately it will come to a halt, but then so will I!

may be they could star puting some in with a locos even its just a set tierys would be nice.

try HRC e-mail: hrco@compuserve.com

they say they do spares and transfers for Wrenn/Hornby Dublo i have not used them my self but could help.

Archived