NER

rayarpino

Sounds like a call to arms to me. Geordies, Mackams and other North Easterners will be campaigning in 2014 for some NER trains.

Go for it I say. I shall be cheering you on. Not that it will be of any use to me but I will certainly back your cause.

LC&DR said:

Sounds like a call to arms to me. Geordies, Mackams and other North Easterners will be campaigning in 2014 for some NER trains.

Go for it I say. I shall be cheering you on. Not that it will be of any use to me but I will

certainly back your cause.

FORM RANKS

FIX dramatic pause BAYONETS

I just hope they are just work a day loco's
Not top link express engines I think enough of those are made all ready
though our Southern friends may not

agree.
regards John

Just so long as it isn't trench warfare, with the troops going over the top into no-mans land urged on by the officers at the point of a pistol!

All the 'Top Link' express locos for the NE are already in production apart from the Raven Pacifics.

PP will no doubt correct me but the call to arms is to obtain recognition for a selection taken from the following NER types.

Class Y 4-6-2T, Class R 4-4-0, Class O 0-4-4T, Class C1 0-6-0, Classes P1, P2 or P3 0-6-0, Class E1 0-6-0T, Class U 0-6-2T

, Class T2 0-8-0 or Class T3 0-8-0, and last but not least Class ES1 0-4-0-0-4-0 .

Buz said:

FORM RANKS

FIX dramatic pause BAYONETS

I just hope they are just work a day loco's

Not top link express engines I

think enough of those are made all ready

though our Southern friends may not agree.

regards John

Hi LC&DR

I'm with you all the way although, at our age, climbing over the kerb is enough, never mind getting out of a trench!!!

As you say the mainline types are well covered although the Thompson Pacifics are still missing (I quite like

the P2 rebuilds)

As Buz, and our currently quiet friend Mortehoe, also said, 'workaday locos' are what is needed. The only things I would add to LC&DRs list would be the A8 'Pacific' tanks and the B16 4-6-0 in original and rebuilt form. The T2 0-8-0

would have a wider application than the T3 and, on a personal note, I would prefer the C1 0-6-0 to the P1, P2 or P3.

The ES1 0-4-0 0-4-0 has it's own 'charm' but it's application is very 'local', to say the least. I would love to see it, not at the

expense of the others, though.

However, I strongly suspect will be having these same conversations this time next year!!

Keep hoping and asking, you never know but things may turn your way eventually.

I did get somewhat disheartened at the lack of SE&CR stuff a few years ago, but lo and behold those nice people at Barwell made a Wainwright 'C' for me and are now promising

me some Wainwright carriages to go with it. All hope had gone but miraculously the things I wanted subsequently appeared. Now Hornby say they will be making the 2Hal electric set! Let us therefore hope that you get your wishes in next years' announcement.

Archived