Website Feedback

RDS

Like everyone else and having been most unhappy with the awful changes made to the forum, I decided, for interest, to visit the DCC section of the Website.

In my view, it is just as bad!

When I first entered the DCC section, I could only find some basic details about DCC. I could not see anything about (for example, RailMaster). However, I then noticed a block labelled Hornby DCC +. Clicking on this block, makes it open up to almost full screen size just to display 6 more options.

These 6 options could easily have fitted as icons in the same space as the Hornby DCC + block where they would have been readily available and easy to spot.

If I had been a completely new customer, I can quite well imagine that I would have missed these 6 options and it is only because I am fully aware (and an existing customer) of RailMaster that I persevered further.

Do the Management at Hornby seriously think that the new website is an improvement?

I think Hornby need a serious 'lessons learned' exercise here.

For a company that is supposed to be a market leader to launch a new website and Forum area that simply does not work is inexcusable. I don't know where they hired their developers from, but it is hard to believe this could not have been thoroughly evaluated and tested in a test environment before going live.

Black mark Hornby, and a HUGE dent in your reputation.

Archived