New forum, but no posts can be seen. Just grey boxes.

DMU mad

Hello everybody. 

I've been a bit quiet recently with the new forum changes and all that. 

If you can actually read this, then congrats. Unfortunately, I cannot read any new topics or replies or any posts at all as they are just grey boxes!

DMU mad. 

I've tried Mozilla, Torch and Chrome browsers and they all show a basically white forum screen with a very light grey hover over the topics but the text in all is very readable so I don't know what DMUs problem can be.

It can be a number of things... and that is not a cop out reply.

CSS may be turned off in your browser but is unlikely unless you have spyware or similar on there or it is turned off by yourself. Styling in sites is common enough today and is a simple thing to check for each browser. JavaScript may also be turned off and is a more likely scenario but again not very likely to be the case unless as stated above for CSS.

It is a possibility that your graphics card may need a driver but is not highly likely again.

Try updating Flash for each browser (Adobe) and of course the browsers themselves. You do not say which version of Windows you are using so there are slightly different answers for each one. However, a simple catch all is to update evrything possible and take it from there. Scan your system for wierd stuff and bare in mind not one of the paid for anti virus products will catch all malware or spyware out there. Being a techie I never use a paid for product and use three freebies and have never been caught by anything malicious on a server and several machines based at home in my office.

You could try changing your options in IE for example to show Unicode text (UTF-8), check the Compatibility View options and others like these in both IE and Firefox. If you have the latter installed just for test purposes uninstall Firefox and get the British English version and install with default values for most of the install. It's a personal thing so I won't tell you how to pick which options.

Give these a shot and see if any of that helps.

Ok,

I have switched to IE and it seems to be working fine. I was previously using Chrome. After I posted this topic, a member of the web developing team contacted me for more info and hasn't since replied. So I guess they're working to fix it for Chrome users.

All other web pages I view work fine, never had this kind of issue before.

Anyway, maybe I'll come back in a few weeks time!

Ahha! It works on Chrome. 

What did I do? Well, nothing relevant! All I did was go to Settings>Advanced>Privacy>Content settings>changed "Protected content" setting to not allow identifiers for protected content. Maybe if I turn that back on again and refresh this, I wonder if it'll work?

Edit: yeah, all works fine now. Maybe they fixed it just this minute! :)

Archived