LNER mainline coaches

rayarpino

Although the followers of the LNER are currently very well served in terms of engines and coaches, I don't quite understand why the excellent mainline Gresley coaches in teak livery haven't been available for some time now.

I wish they were a more or less permanent offer in the catalogue. They aren't only very well made, but also very useful.

And since I'm at it, come on Hornby, surprize us with an offering of real NER clerestory coaches (hauled of course by a genuine NER Atlantic, since I don't think we can hope for a Raven pacific, too limited).

Hi Rayarpino

I prefer the Gresley coaches in Maroon, but only for the period I'm interested in.

So far as the NER coaches and Atlantic are concerned I doubt if you'll see them. Hornby, and the Blue Box Boys seem to think if you go further north than Doncaster (maybe York at a push) you'll fall off the end of the world! This is in spite of the birthplace of railways being well further north of either of those towns.

Coaches come and coaches go!

Hornby's LNER Gresley 61'  corridor, LMSR Stanier P3, and SR Maunsell R4 super-detail coaches have been around for some considerable time now and appear to be gradually rested from the range (hopefully only for the time being) while the revamped Mark 1 is in the ascendancy. Shame of course that Hornby and Bachmann are going head to head with the Mark 1s.

It might be nice to have some pre-grouping carriages instead, but which? The Great Eastern is certainly a good choice given the number of ex GER types that will shortly be in Hornby's range, and some early GW post-Clerestory types given the number of early GW passenger engines would make sense. I would suggest these are more likely than others.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived