Hornby Advent Calendar

Alessio

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it's aimed at a particular customer demographic and Hornby wanting to drive traffic up on their Twitter account. I agree it is a pity to exclude those folk without a Twitter account but I don't think it's hard to start one - and you can always delete it later. R-

They know from past conversations on here many of us don't do social media. only a couple of forums.

Maybe they are monitoring response on these items from those that use them.

For me it just makes the Advent Calendar a waste of time, except for first few days and yesterday I rarely view it now, I just look at response on here.

Pass!

PJ

It's not a waste of time, it caters for all users of the forum, it's free and none of the other producers are doing one.  By using Facebook, Twitter etc, it gives more chance for some to win. Instead of everybody entering the competition each day, on some occasions only a select group can enter. 

Good morning WTD

What I said was... For me it just makes the Advent Calendar a waste of time. As I don't do and would give house room any of the social media items 'for me' it is a waste of time.

Hornby use both these Social Media facilities so it is understandable they will include these also, it is a way of measuring response, and at the same time keeping the Hornby name seen out there.

PJ

Archived