Should my first 00 set be analog or digital ? Please advise

Jimbo1707820979

I, too started (or after 40 years restarted) with the Cornishman. I found an elite on eBay for a cheap price (and that because the owner probably couldn't update the firmware. Frustrating but did do it myself when I finally got motivated to perservere after buying RM and eLink package).

As SOT said the smaller locos can be hardwired. I have very little soldering skill and tremors but have now hardwired a few older locos and small tanks. Guides on how to do this are out there on the web.

Thanks, Son oT. I already decided not to go the PC way. As you say, would take half the fun out of things.Spend too much time look at the screen and not at the railway (not like that in the old days in the cinema back row )

Good to hear Holden 101 easy to convert. My other tank is a R1121 Diamond Devon Belle. Quite attractive, I think. Do you know if conversion easy for that ?

I, too started (or after 40 years restarted) with the Cornishman. I found an elite on eBay for a cheap price (and that because the owner probably couldn't update the firmware. Frustrating but did do it myself when I finally got motivated to perservere after buying RM and eLink package).

As SOT said the smaller locos can be hardwired. I have very little soldering skill and tremors but have now hardwired a few older locos and small tanks. Guides on how to do this are out there on the web.

Thanks. I'll have a look on the web. I don't think I can afford the Elite right now but what the hell, I will probably go for one later. What a soft touch I am for gadgetry.

Archived