Current Hornby Delivery Service

Graskie

Ordered my new Pullman Kitchen car on Monday, 9/2/15. Usual emails saying order being dealt with and should be with me on Wednesday (today). This was confirmed by delivery people. A further email stating delivery would be between 14.27 and 15.27. They were early - delivered at 14.24. Upa nd running by 15.00.

Excellent. Cannot get better than that.

Dibble

Interesting comments on delivery, apart from the hickup over the Bad Friday / Last Chance to Buy & Christmas where I had to wait 5 yes 5 whole working days for my parcels, I have always received brilliant delivery service from Hornby. I have made several if not more purchases over the years direct from Hornby and even if I say so myself they have been on a par or even better than Hattons & Rails of Sheffield from whom I have also made a number of purchases. The main difference being Hornby delivery costs have been nil whereas the other two stores have always cost me (as Graskie says ''GOLD'').

I am currently checking my bank account very closely to see if my pension will enable me to afford Pitchford Hall track pack which after allowing for club discount & free postage will only cost me 49p more direct from Hornby than the reduced price from Rails  allowing for standard postage costs, less if a higher service is used and also less than Hattons price before postage.

The mattress forms a significant part of our lives and also comes under the list of most neglected house items. Very seldom people genuinely invest their precious time and effort to decide on the correct size and queen size mattress dimensions that can meet their requirements. 

I have only once in all the years of dealing direct have I had to go back to Hornby with a problem with an engine which was sorted out almost by return with a telephone call on receipt to tell me what they had discovered  was wrong and what was needed to be rectifiy the problem. The engine was received back in 8 days, including weekend fully functional and a few days later I received a cheque for the full postage costs that I had paid to send the item which was totally unexpected and unsolicited. This kind of after sales service is worth an extra 49p of anybodys' money.

My wife was asking today where the best price for the train pack was and I told her the above findings so despite attending the Hornby factory sale in September & losing control of my budget I am hoping, that as it was her 60th Birthday present to me, (a Steam Driving Experience' at Great Central Railway Loughborough where I drove Pitchford Hall), she will in a moment of weekness agree I can spend a little more at Hornby.

Put in my second order to Hornby late last night. Shows as shipped today; due for delivery tomorrow.

Looking good, so all may be forgiven.

I placed two orders to two different suppliers Hornby & Hattons on Wednesday of this week between 2.00pm & 2.30pm, both for amounts over £30.00. Delivery was made to-day from both between 1.15pm & 2.30pm. First rate service from both - difference Hornby charge £0.00 Hattons £4.00. These days every little helps towards future purchases.

Well Done.

Archived