Austin Maxi

Kaysdad

Another vote for the Maxi here, the tooling should be fine, it was only on sale for 4 years.

I read on a forum that the Maxi, Marina and Bond Bug tools were left in open storage during the Palitoy era and corroded as a result. Would love it if it were proved wrong though!

Another vote for the Maxi here, the tooling should be fine, it was only on sale for 4 years.

I read on a forum that the Maxi, Marina and Bond Bug tools were left in open storage during the Palitoy era and corroded as a result. Would love it if it were proved wrong though!

It would be a sad day if it was true

• 2 weeks later...

Ive never seen the Marina on sale and missed the Maxi when it was the family car. I would love to see this kit

Please Hornby tell us - is there any prospect please? Quite a few requests for the dear old Maxi, but hardly any for yet another reissue of some of the vintage stuff like the 1912 Rolls Royce and 1930 Bentley you seem to be hinting at...

After seeing those photos, I want one even more now!

It was the first car I drove after passing my test. I passed on the Friday afternoon, and my parents went away that weekend. Dad said "You can use the car for work, but that's all!". Well, I didn't. Clocked up about 190 miles joyriding around with my fresh license and very happy I was too! Did end up trying the Ferris Bueller method of mileage removal before Dad got back on Sunday night though.

Nice roomy car the Maxi..almost like a Black Cab. Terrible BL gearbox and bright orange as was the law back then!

Regards;Steve