Airfix Churchill Crocodile Fires!

ntrocket88

Airfix 1/76 Churchill Crocodile

Both the old Churcill kit and the new Crocodile trailer benefited from a lot of extra detailing and correction, but I was pleased with the end result. I was worried about the plastic melting when it fired though...

The finish is British SCC2 Service Drab with decals from Aleran to represent 141st RAC 'The Buffs' in Normandy, the only unit there equipped with Crocs.

Airfix 1/76 Churchill CrocodileAirfix 1/76 Churchill Crocodile

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Many thanks for the kind comments. @vimal: Great weathering on yours and I love the still-aflame drips!

Sorry, I only saw your reply just now. Thank you, yes, the 'drips' are eye-catching, aren't they! Amazing what you can do with a few drops of glitter glue - here's another application (on the computer monitor) from the same era:

/media/tinymce_upload/626cd3dda7ba3754dfef9b511480ad9d.JPG

• 4 years later...

Hello ntrocket88,

I admire your work on the Airfix Churchill Crocodile; beautiful.

i know it has been 5 years since you posted this build, but can you summarise the upgrades you applied to the Churchill kit?

I have a few complet and several to go, but have not found a good summary for this kit...

i too work in 1/76 and have an OCD condition relating to upgrading armour kits from the 60s and 70s.

Kind regards,

Kevin C

@Kevin C: Thank you for your kind words and good luck with your Crocs! I posted a full demo build for this kit on Ratch's Airfix Tribute Forum that shows all the added details and corrections here:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum/airfix-churchill-crocodile-demo-build-t26178.html

@Paws4thot: Actually, the trailer isn't that accurate either... see the link above...