Blue pullman

Fazy

What about a blue pullman (all new tooling) dimensionality correct unlike the old model. but in the railroad range so no  lights sprung buffers etc. Sold as double engine and coaches  single. Would it sell?   

Am unsure myself but the old kit masters sell well even the old Hornby one still seems to.

So would a railroad model sell?

As Bachmanns going to be very expensive and a lot of people can't afford it would they be tempted with a cheaper one with the bonus of being able to buy it in stages.

I would presume Hornby my still have research material unless it's been lost thrown out.  

Or has the Bachmann model taken enough of the market to make it un economically viable. 

If by Railroad you mean like the RailRoad Crosti, then put me down for atleast 2 sets...I wouldn't mind the moulded detail. No requirement for lights (but if working lights are there it would be great). No requirement for sprund buffers. A drivesystem like that used on the Class 153 would be great.

Paint/Livery should be top notch and full of detail. I don't mind paying extra for a full-fledged paint job.

I am somewhat sceptical about the viability of the Blue Pullman in the Hornby stable since Bachmann brought out theirs and there are still plenty of the old Triang ones doing the rounds second-hand.  At the last Toy Fair I went to I could have bought a dozen.

There are plenty of other models that could be made, which are not and have never been, produced by any manufacturer to date. AC electric multiple units for example, there have been virtually none made so far, there are still dozens of diesel multiple unit classes not made, and quite a few second generation DMU classes that could do with a revamp.

If by Railroad you mean like the RailRoad Crosti, then put me down for atleast 2 sets...I wouldn't mind the moulded detail. No requirement for lights (but if working lights are there it would be great). No requirement for sprund buffers. A drivesystem like that used on the Class 153 would be great.

Paint/Livery should be top notch and full of detail. I don't mind paying extra for a full-fledged paint job.

Interesting you should say that JBM. You have pointed out a fault on the new King boiler yet think the Crosti is OK which apparently it isn't. The latest version has the wrong smoke deflector on the chimney for a start, so I've read. I'm not criticising you just seems odd. My eyes can't spot faults unless they're huge ones, must give you 10/10 though for spotting the Kings boiler problem, you must have eagle eyes. I've got two Crostis, they run beautifully. I suppose if I didn't have a King I would buy one. 

Hi

Yes a new Hornby Blue Pallman in original livery would be great with both passinger and kitchen cars, they could also do the 2nd livery version yellow fronted Blue Pallman, also the 3rd livered version Grey with a Blue window strip liveried Blue Pullman and the 4th version, Blue and Grey window strip version as well.

Being able to buy coaches as seperate units both the Midland Region 6 car and Western Region 8 car units could be made.

Not quite as easy as all that Tony, because the Western Region had second class vehicles, whereas the Midland one was all First Class. This means that the arrangement of windows in the coaches varied. The Midland Pullman power car had 2 1/2 passenger windows, but the Western set had three full ones of slightly different dimensions.

The seating capacity gives a clue  -Motor Brake First (M) 12F, Motor Brake Second (W) 18S, Motor Kitchen First (M) 18F, Motor Parlour Second (W) 42S, Trailer Parlour First (M) (W) 36F, Trailer Kitchen First (W) 18F. The Trailer Parlour First was the only vehicle type common to both trains. The first two and last two vehicles of each train had motors underneath, fed electrically from a diesel electric generating set in the driving cars. The Midland Train was formed DMBPF, KMF, TPF, TPF, KMF, DMBPF. the Western train was formed DMBPS, MPS, TKF, TPF, TPF, TKF,MPS, DMBPS

Of course if you aren't that bothered about accuracy why not buy a Triang one and fit it with modern wheels. They're are always to be found at Toy Fairs.

Hi LC

In view of the differances between Midland and Western versions I would support Hornby making a Western version with all 4 livery variations as Bachmann made the Midland version.

I have all 4 liveried units made by Triang & Triang Hornby, I have a total of 6 x 4 car units all have new metal wheels in place of the plastic ones.

Archived