Editing Posts

Please could you consider the possibility of extending the period during which users may edit their posts. 

Given the current delays in approving images and the somewhat moody nature of the forum engine, it makes creating complex posts quite challenging and TBH rather frustrating.

If users abuse this facility, ban them.....Simples!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Its possible to quote the previous message in the reply and any edited post have the edit time stamp. Edited posts are easy to spot and if someone quote them, its also easy to know the original content. Timmely moderation is the key, not keeping restrictions who may made impossible to correct legitime errors.

The problem is the combination of image approval delays/lack of editing options.....I've been trying to post a build and one of the images I selected was incorrect.  By the time the thread was approved the option to edit had expired and the result makes the thread a little incoherent:

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/forum/post/view/topic_id/12869/?p=1

Sometimes (in my experience from elsewhere) it is better to give members the benefit of the doubt.....Bad-apples tend to be few and far between and they also tend not to be terribly difficult to identify and eliminate on an individual basis (I believe you've had some practice quite recently).

Please give this some more thought.....If it's difficult to post on a forum people tend not to bother.  Similarly if the posts on a forum are fragmentary or incoherent (due to editing issues), they won't generate much interest.  Knowing many of the members here (as I do from elsewhere) you would be missing out on some very valuable input by discouraging them.

Apologies for poking a stick at you earlier.....I really do appreciate your taking the time to respond.

• 2 months later...

Archived