Caprotti Black Fives and a B16?

CliffBall

Nearly all of the larger locomotives have now been modelled and I congratulate Hornby on introducing locos which were never 'Top Link' - in particular the Crosti boilered 9F's.

Assuming that this model was a financial success then may I recommend that Hornby experiment further with the various LMS/BR Black Five variants? A Caprotti version would fantastic; as would a double chimney Black Five!! The chassis and tender are already there; maybe the 'Duke of Gloucester' Caprottti valve gear could be adapted so, QED - all that is needed is a new body moulding. This must be worth consideration.

For LNER/BR(ER) fans how much longer must we wait for a B16?????

Happy Modelling!

"For LNER/BR(ER) fans how much longer must we wait for a B16?????"

If it is anything like the real thing  - absolute ages! The lads in the Control Office at Newcastle would tell the tale that if the parcels from York had a V2 or a B1 on they would give it a run from Ferryhill, but if York had put a B16 on then it went on the slow line, and they didn't let it out at Tursdale until the EP (Express Passenger) had gone down.  They didn't have a very high opinion of the B16!! 😆

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The tenders wrong for the double Chimney black five. just converted one. for Leicester.  

As for the Black 5 Caprotti which one there's two two types! 

The low running board type would probably be easiest. A railroad chassis without valvegear and a new body shell.

That would probably be the cheapest and relatively easy.  Though I have a cheap battered super detailed one to have a go at. I had planned to go for the high running bord version.  Which would go nicely with the comet low bord kit. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived