Track to race legend cars

JT_Brit

I recently got lured into buying two beautiful f1 legend cars. I then realised that they weren't dpr cars and i only have a digital set.  My question now is - what are my options?! Can i use my digital set and obtain an analogue powerbase, or do i have to obtain a whole analogue set? Or somehow attempt to find a way to get a chip into the two cars, which, frankly, don't look like they would make life easy (tyrell elf and lotus). Or admit my stupidity and sell the 2 cars again

Some of our digital savvy users will hopefully be able to give you tips on how to get analog to run on a digital set. If I understand correctly (and I hope they can confirm) the 6-car pwoer base does have an analog mode:

otherwase you can swap the powerbase for an analog one (I highly recommend ARC AIR or ARC ONE).

• 4 weeks later...

The 6 car power can switch to and from digital or failing this the other option will be to retro fit a digital chip. thats what i did for my classic mini :)

you can pick up the 6car bases inc lap timer from ebay around £80.00 - £90.00 and that will give you the avalibilty to swap and change as you please, i'm not sure if you can run both at the same time but i would recommend that for ease, it also offers the use of a ghost car so you can race against other cars when your home alone :)  

First of all it is only the  C7042 that has a Analogue mode, but the track layout must conform to certain conditions. To give you an idea.

Even number of track crossovers only allowed.

Curved lane change sections need to be removed or checked for wiring modification

Straight lane sections are usually OK

Lane change not longer works in analogue mode and other digital features are lost to.

There are probablly a few more but the info is all out there!

Next The C7005 chip was orignally brought out to make F1 cars digital, the Saloon car version was withdrawn as the C7005 can do those as well. As for fitting, it is tight but I have converted two caterhams to digital and the only mod I needed to do to the body was to drill the hole for the LED behind the pickups. I would say it probably does not get any tighter than a Caterham! Photo of my Caterham/Lotus 7 about to be chipped is below as you can see not much space! hole for the LED already done.

/media/tinymce_upload/98922f4107fa33a8351815692e0af708.JPG

Archived