Blue Flying Scotsman in Premier set for Marks & Spencer

Afternoon Gents,

I have recently acquired  a Premier Flying Scotsman in Blue with  rhubarb and custard coaches set that was produced for Marks and Spencer in I believe 2006 ?   Could anyone help with any info on this set.  I have looked in the catalogues that I have but I just can't see it listed.   Any info available would be great,

Many thanks 

Special sets are produced for large retailers from time to time and are well worth looking out for if you want something different, often at a very reasonable price.  After Christmas is often a good time. They do not appear in catalogues, although the Ramsey Guide includes a few.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, With reference to the Ramsey guide.It states that the Premier train set was produced in 2006,at the time I did manage to buy one from Marks and Spencers.I rememeber it was hard to find as not all Marks and Spencers were selling them.Also At the time I was told by a salesprson that only around 200 to 250 of the sets were made and only available via Marks.Ramsey says therer are two varitaions of the Scotsman, one with Doncaster on the Buffer beam and one without.I have never seen the one without the Doncaster logo.I would presume that this particular set was produced as an after thought as at the same time Hornby were producing The Premier set Master Cutler which also had a Blue A3, Prince Palentine.Hornby did around this era produce many special mail order premier sets also, mainly for the Mail Order market.If wanting a list which I know about please enquire.

Archived