Max number of instructions in a RM program

I recently found out that the maximum number of instructions in a RM program is exactly 500. Any instructions in that program beyond the 500st are not seen by RM. RM behaves as if they do not exist. As a matter of fact in the line at the top of the screen where the instructions are shown as they are performed one by one, the last instruction is number 500. I must admit that 500 lines is a lot, but it does happen and I have not seen this max number anywhere advertised. Did anyone else experience this?

Never counted steps. Just always exited after the same number not time related. I ony run about 36 locos with program but does not appear related to other issue,

A way round is to split the program into 2 parts.

HMRS have had my program for 5 months. I would suggest sending yours to them as they have not yet found out why there is a limit with my program.

I am trying to use the chain command and have cut the initial (too) large program in two parts (A and B). I have then created a new program chaining A and B. However, according to the Guide this cannot be run from within the program window, but must be run from the main screen. Can anybody tell me how to do that as I have looked everywhere on the main screen in vain.

BTW I have assumed that with the "program window" not the large programming window is meant (in which the actual programs are programmed line by line), but the small one on the main screen to which programs are loaded to be run. I have tried that small one on the upperside of the main screen but loading my chain program into that and running it made RM go into an eternal nothing.....

Hi Peter,

If your new program, containing nothing but two chain commands for programs A & B, you have saved as program C, then you should be able to see program C in the dropdown list of programs at the top left of the main screen. The large editing window is where you can't run a program containing CHAIN commands. When you run such a program in the main window, RM takes a while to merge the two programs into one ready for execution. Maybe you are busting another memory limit in trying to do this.

Why don't you run them as two (or more) programs in a schedule, using RM's built-in scheduler?

Ray

I have sent the program and the accompanying log to Support who are now looking into the matter. As far as they know there is no limit set by RM so this may be a case of Windows 10 setting a limit. I have closed down all open programs (such as outlook and internet explorer) but this made no difference. Hadn't expected to either, but it does no harm to try. The chain commands makes the program "hang", so this may be a second symptom of the same underlying problem. I haven't figured out how to use schedules yet. Not much about it in the Guide. I will keep you posted when I have any news.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived