Converting old cars with Johnson (or older) motors

alan_west

Blagard is our resident digital guru and has chipped more cars than I have balls at a golf course. :-) Hopefully he will be along on the weekend and be able to help you.

All I know is that the chips only function in specific electrical range of volts and amps.. not sure which ones though so these older motors may be too "strong"... That is only pure speculation though!

Alan you have previously posted that you have chipped 100s of older cars.

Therefore you know that you must use the slotit chip.

Obviously you have to have space to put chip and it must be insulated from power source

to prevent short circuits in your unnamed toy.

When working on the glad project, both slotit and scaly design told me to use the slotit chip due to its sturdyness.

When checking the fuse failure rate following suggestion from scorpus to use them for analog glad, found that scaly chip was safe at about 1/2 amp and slotit at over 1.

The actual figures were given during glad development on sci forum, which may be in their years ago vault now,  but may have copy printed here somewhere.

If you are discussing the wire from the guide to the chip then you should know which side lead wire goes to.

If from chip to motor then wrong way will make digital toy back up.

Archived