Rolling Stock

For lack of anywhere else to place this I am posting it here.

My scratchbuilt ships take months to complete and sometimes I get the dreaded AMS.  The best way I find to cure this is to tackle a quick out of the box build ...... usually a 1:76 tank.  

I recently found this in my stash and built it over a couple of evenings!  It was missing one of the wheels so I had to make a new one.  I must admit I was impressed with the detail for a 1960's kit.................errrr now I need to build a train to pull it!  

AMS was cured and I went back to complete the SS Stockholm.

/media/tinymce_upload/ca8371d02b32a0eefafb919bf741f640.JPG 

/media/tinymce_upload/fc4cee08db3612a388efe3eba74cc494.JPG

Well, it is a 1/76 scale tank!  😎 And nicely done apart from a bit of visible carrier film (I used to travel on a commuter train that passed sidings where there were literally dozens of these, and every marking except possibly the Esso roundels was painted).

{train pedant} "A train" is the result of coupling an engine to one or more items of rolling stock!{/end}

"Rolling stock" is pretty much anything designed to be placed on rails and pulled by an engine.

Adn finally, if you can find the other items, Airfix did several other wagon styles (mostly re-released as Dapol), and a 0-4-0T engine, one of each of which would make a not implausible 1950s branch line train.

I sympathise; I seem to be one of the "lucky few" regarding decal film, but I wouldn't mention it unless I positively knew the marking in question to be painted. Of course they sometimes go the other way, and you see people going to extreme lengths to eliminate visible film on motorcycle markings where the originals were waterslide decals, and there is photographic evidence of visible film on the real 'bikes!

On "rolling stock", conspicuous by its absence from the discussion is the brake van, which is pretty necessary for "line work" if not for "yard work". (perhaps this makes me a full railway pedant?  😬 )

Archived