Airfix - What's your Latest Acquisition?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today, the Postie delivered:

/media/tinymce_upload/c2eec0afbda6bd230525fae7610d54fe.jpg

Detailing parts and transfers for my Hampden.

/media/tinymce_upload/d0197977bfb53d5c0bfc9edc8fc6be4d.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/7f3dbe53349cddc0cdb33641b5cdf0a0.jpg

What may become the start of a slippery slope, with some French Air Force planes that flew during the Phoney War and Battle of France. This is becoming something of a (pleasant) obsession with me.  😇

I mentioned I got this a couple of weeks ago using my Flying Hours tokens but the box was buried deep in my stash. But I have just been listing my stash so I dug out the box for a photo opportunity.

The Airfix Heinkel He111 P.2

/media/tinymce_upload/f6f69213d8cd4aa621e3bb9195d1e910.JPG

My new Christmas Airfix Acquistions  😀

/media/tinymce_upload/f51521572b298fb0d2531132d1b3f2f1.JPG

The Bristol Blenheim Mk.IF 

/media/tinymce_upload/3186e4dab9b833bf15d628cdc10473ce.JPG

The Messerschmitt Me110 C/D with Eduard Etch & Mask Set

/media/tinymce_upload/11c84f466126560302d8f774a9ce608e.JPG

The Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat

/media/tinymce_upload/4f41cad954e1884b5311aeaa082ae1ad.JPG

And finally the Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero

/media/tinymce_upload/6ea40ce0594f22cb73a3adf84d171a21.JPG

They were all 'requested' with the intention of building them, some sooner rather than later. But hopefully I'll be able to start a build post soon with the Me110 C/D in the 1940 Battle of France/Britain era scheme. Just need to get 1 or 2 others finished first .........  

Hi Heather.

Looks like you're starting another of my interests with French WW2 aircraft. Unfortunately a bit thin on the ground and non-exsistent from Airfix, which is a crying shame, I think you're mainly stuck with Heller who re-issiued most of their back catalogue about two years back so should be available, together with Smer, which were the old Heller moulds. Good luck doing some of the camouflage schemes on the Morane Saulnier 406 & the Dewoitine D 520, If you can find the Portez 63.1 or 63.11 grab them as they're quite good kits and unlike most earlier Heller kits they both have a decent interior. Just a pity you can't post them here.

Remember vwe do this for fun                      John the Pom

Good luck doing some of the camouflage schemes on the Morane Saulnier 406 & the Dewoitine D 520

😆

I hadn't originally planned on planes from other air forces, but as my overall interest has slowly spread from strictly Battle of Britain back into the Phoney War, it seemed churlish not to include some. If nothing else, it'll make an interesting change from the British and German camouflage schemes.

That's a few presents you had there, T2B. I hope you enjoy building them!  😀

GNR-Gordon-4

Yes I was very lucky to have my wish list full filled, plus some cash to buy others 😀! And I shall enjoy building them thanks and I hope to do the build treads as I go ......

I've opted to use some aftermarket decals on my Bf110, just for a change! Watch out for the nose machine guns - they are horribly fragile, and I will have to make a new longer one because I snapped the muzzle off during handling.  🤔

I shall probably stick with the kit decals as they seem pretty good, and a quick look at the instructions confirms I should be able to stick the nose cone on with white tack for spraying and then fit the MG barrels before final cementing of parts once everything is done to avoid damage. I have used the same method before and am using it on my current Mosquito build. 

Yes I was very lucky to have my wish list full filled, plus some cash to buy others 😀! And I shall enjoy building them thanks and I hope to do the build treads as I go ......

That's good. You got a load kits for free, cost you no money and that money you can spend on other Airfix kits you want!  😆

GNR-Gordon-4

That's good. You got a load kits for free, cost you no money and that money you can spend on other Airfix kits you want!  😆

GNR-Gordon-4

It did, and look what I spent my money on  😀

/media/tinymce_upload/56b82e0e61c5dc4633503b666d968fbb.JPG

Its been on my 'must have' list for a while now, and now I have it!! 

Got myself the new Mustang 48th for Christmas, and the 72nd Do17. Family took the hint and I received a variety of starter kits (from Aldi!) for birthday and Christmas.

I've just finished a tamiya F4U1-A (with woings folded - a first for me), and am about to get started on the Dornier, with the 109 starter kit to build alongside, when time needed for paint or assemblies to dry - also handy for using up any spare RLM colours in the airbrush...

@ PMM

I am so jealous you have got yours already, slight hic-cup with my card payment as my old 1 had expired and as I've been away for a few days I hadn't checked my account, so my Pre-Order has been delayed, but all sorted now so I should get my 2 Phantoms early next week  😀  

Two Hasegawa 1/72 kits the Ki 43 Hayabusa & Ki 84 Hayate, from someone at the local IPMS was having a clear-out, also picked up a Fujima kit of the D4Y3 Judy. I've been looking for this aircraft for quite some time, Looks good in the box.

Remember we do this for fun                                      John the Pom