A4 tender drive - loco body removal?

Percybigun

I have several of these and there does not seem to be a way of removing the loco body, the usual screw under front bogey is not there and nothing down the chimney.

none of the various instructions or service sheets give details either (well done hornby, not a bad omission for your biggest selling product!)

I've read rumour of 2 tabs at the front, but i cant find them. any ideas greatly received.

For the benefit of the toy-train forum troll (as far as forum trolling goes, this really is scraping the barrel) here are some other reasons why it may be necessary:

Smoke unit fittingWiring for lightsAdding more pick upsDetailing/weathering or repaintingDcc sound fitting (no room in tender for speaker)

I'm sure theres many more reasons, but maintenance/servicing is pretty fecking obvious. You have really demonstrated how thick you are and clueless about modelling.

You have me over a barrel Percy.

If I agree with you I am accused of siding against all the others.

If I pull you up for breaching forum rules, you get a cob on and no doubt the anti-fun-police brigade would join in,

so ...

...carry on chaps.

Rob

If people dont know the answer could they please keep their useless troll remarks out of this thread, thanks

What a thoroughly unpleasant comment..........un-warranted, un-necessary and un-welcome......... ☹️..........HB

• 3 years later...

I have tried twice to post a further totally innocuous answer to this topic to the effect that China-made A4 tender-drive locos do not use securing lugs at the front of the chassis but on both occasions, the post has been declared to include banned words, without indicating what offending word/words had been used. The only one I can think of describes a fixing with a slotted or star head and a threaded, tapered body - which can have a different connotation in modern language - but if it was that, technical help becomes impossible!