Vintage Scalextric

steveo515

Hi everyone, I have a vintage scalextric set which belonged to my dad.

I believe it dates back to sometime in the 60's. It is a bit battered as are the cars but is fairly complete.

My question is is it worth anything and would any one like it. I have no interest in it really and I would like to pass it on to someone who would maybe restore it or use it or just have it for a collection.

Steve

Of course it has value.

Ebay 60s cars bring good money even if they are beat up.

Sometimes people want whole sets and other times only the cars are sought out by collectors or for their parts.

If you have any kids or grandchildren they may want it too.

Technically no transactions are allowed on this forum. There are online forums such as slotforum.com and SlotCat Illustrated that allow that sort of thing.

Depending on what is in the collection and the condition it could be worth quite a bit.

I agree with gorp though, if it is in fairly usable condition getting it up and running can be a great learning experience. You can combine it with the newer system (Sport) and use the new ARC app to count laps, get lap times and do pit stops : https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/shop/sets/app-race-control-arc.html .

The ARC AIR with wireless controllers are a hit with all the kids in our neighborhood!

Archived