Handheld device issues

I've been trying to restrict the view on my ipad by using the grid numbers method in the RM.ini file but when ever I try and save the file it tells me the bottom has been reset to 135.

I'm trying to input 7,20,20,14 to set the ipad to just show my coal yard points.

Anyone give me an idea where I'm going wrong please.

Mike

Yes Rog,

Hard to believe no one else has tried to use this feature of RM.

Even harder to believe that the software programmers haven't responded to my question.

I live in hope !

By the way Rog I love you profile foot note - I've also just signed up to MRF.

Mike

Hi

I have this feature working on my iPad as I cannot zoom into the plan.

From the numbers you are quoting they seem to be out of order.

Should be left grid column , top grid row ,right grid column, and bottom grid row.

Your top should be less than your bottom. ie the 20 and 14 appea to be the wrong way roun.

Ducky

Hi Ducky1,

Quoted from the hand held guide - 

Using as an example the supplied Hornby Track Plan F design, we may decide that a RailMaster HandHeld user only needs to operate points and signals on the lower part of the plan bounded by the left grid column 5, top grid row 13, right grid column 13 and bottom grid row 16 highlighted within the red dashed box.

All you need to do is edit the file using Windows NotePad and edit or add the line “Handheld plan area=5,13,13,16”.  This will result in only the following portion of the plan being sent to all RailMaster HandHelds which connect. 

Hence I followed these instructions and have misunderstood the numbering.

I'll have another look tomorrow.

Amazing how stupid I feel now ! Got the numbering sorted in my head and the screen display is as I want it on my ipad.

Thanks Ducky1 - you caused me to READ what was written in the guide.

Just one issue though and that's the uncouplers do not operate via the handheld device. Strange.

Mike

Archived