Classics & Legends Series

kbjb

Hi There - brand new to the hobby and wanting to get more info about the Classics & Legends limited edition series. Could anybody let me know what years (i.e. catalogues) both series started and what year "classics" finished (if it has)? Ideally I'd like to compile a list of all of cars/packs in the series and see which ones I want to collect and also collect the relevant catalogues (sad I know). I have pdf catalogues from 1960-2000, plus 2016 & 2017 and both 2014 & 2015 in hard-copy original. Help would be greatly appreciated in compiling the list. I have search the internet extensively and aside from a list of F1 cars (some of them from classics & legends series) I'm not finding much info about them. cheers kbjb

• 3 weeks later...

Scalextric say

"Recreate some legendary races with the Legends collection of officially licensed, limited edition Scalextric cars. Featuring cars from the golden era of motorsport, including F1 cars and drivers from 1950 to 1970, all models are highly detailed, collectable slot cars".

"Each limited edition car comes in a presentation box, which opens to reveal a detailed specification and history of the model".  

However they do stretch the Legends Series to 1971, 1972 in the F1 Category and only time will tell if the extend to BRMs, Lotus's, Tyrrells and McLarens of 1973-1978 with High Detail revamp of their existing contemporary scalextric cars back catalogue of the 1970s? The 9th January at 10am 2018 may be a good day to find out on this site??

The Legends Series I believe started around 2010 with the 1967 Eagle Gurney Weslake and Jim Clark's Lotus 49 ? But I may be wrong?? I am not sure about Classics however?

Archived