Laisdcc decoder

Schuie52

Hi all merry Xmas to all, my query is has anyone fitted the laisdcc decoder bought from e bay and actually got them to work, I have fitted one of these to a loco and programmed it to my next loco number which is 11 and the programming was fine but when I tried it on the main track it did not work, I am running the ellite  controller and according to hornby technical it is NMRA compliant which I will e mail the seller later to state that this controller is NMRA STANDARD any ideas would be a great help

michael

There are lots of posts on this forum relating to issues with the 'laisdcc' decoder.

Use the 'search forums' box to search for them. I highly recommend that you use the search term "lais" (without the " " quote marks) as the forum search function is not the best, and will not find search terms entered as a 'phrase'. It works best when searching for single words. I have tested the search results using the "lais" search term and it returns "laisdcc" posts as well. For this forum search feature...... 'less is definitely more'.

Once you have reviewed the initial topic title search results, search again using the 'search post text' option to reveal posts that include "lais" that are not in the topic title but in the body of the post text instead. This should generate more search result hits.

My recollection is that solutions to the laisdcc decoder not working issues have been posted in some of these previous threads.

My vague recollection was that one had to use the 'operate' programming mode (or was it the 'Reg' mode?) on the Elite to successfully program the 'lais' decoder. After which, it then responded to commands correctly. But do not rely on my memory that may be a failed recollection. Read the previous posts to be sure.

Reg mode can be useful for programming problematic decoders.

I dont have my notes with me in UK but I seem to remember as Chris does that these decoders have shall we say foibles.

The proof of any programming is can you read back the address, if so job’s a good’un.

An alternative is try to read them in RM and see what it makes of the decoder and its ID.

Rob

Just one other thing to note. 'Operate' and 'Reg' mode programming is not supported in RailMaster & eLink. You need an Elite to have those alternative programming options. Fortunately, Schuie52 has stated he has an Elite in his original post.

I'm using 3 of these decoders and I have rm and an elink controller and I have programmed them only for the loco number on a programming track and I have had no problems with them and they are running no problem on my layout at the moment however I'm using the 6 pin decoder as I have an n gauge layout however I haven't tried to program other cv's yet but you can download the cv list and instructions through the sellers post on eBay as that's what I had done when I had purchased mine from eBay as the reset of the decoder is different it isn't 8 to cv8 if I can remember properly I think that it's 4 on cv8 but I might be wrong as I haven't checked the instructions or the cv list while I was replying to your post

Hedley

I have about ten Lais decoders had no problems with them with my Hornby elites 

I have both the 8 pin and 21 pin decoders 

There excellent value for a four function decoder 

Maybe contact the sell there usually very helpfull 

Archived