(L)NER Branch lines G5's and Push-Pull sets

ian_earle

G5 locos would be the backbone to modelling diverse and interesting branchlines and  heavier suburban routes across the North East. To complement the 'new build' Tornado and mainline period rolling stock are Hornby considering a G5 loco and push-pull carriage sets? What demand is there, and how much will this increase as the new build G5 project proceeds to completion?   

• 1 month later...

The latest Hornby Magazine has announced that TMC has commissioned Bachmann to make the G5, as an exclusive edition, liveries include NER (class O), LNER, BR early, & BR late plus numbers of the class that were Great Eastern and Scottish allocated as well as NER.  There will be a model of the 'new build' as well, and £10 from every sale of that one will go to the society constructing it.

So Bachmann have beaten Hornby to the pass making a G5. Hornby could/should come at it from the other direction by producing some rolling stock i.e. carriages and waggons......... [and yes that's the old style spelling of railway wagons]

The Caledonian 0-6-0 is another commission announced in the Hornby Magazine. This is one I really thought Hornby would have taken on board (ahead of the J36) given that Thomas Nos 9 & 10 were based on that class, which might have given them wider sales opportunities, especially if it was a RailRoad range and more detailed main range model as well.

/media/tinymce_upload/ab2fb3e6946320e0d5f99722d5b1fb4c.jpgSo Bachmann have beaten Hornby to the pass making a G5. Hornby could/should come at it from the other direction by producing some rolling stock i.e. carriages and waggons......... [and yes that's the old style spelling of railway wagons]

Yes, a matching push-pull coach would be excellent, also the NE coal hopper still in use across the northeast right through the LNER preiod and into BR days. Hopper would be a great match to the Q6 too,

/media/tinymce_upload/ab2fb3e6946320e0d5f99722d5b1fb4c.jpgSo Bachmann have beaten Hornby to the pass making a G5. Hornby could/should come at it from the other direction by producing some rolling stock i.e. carriages and waggons......... [and yes that's the old style spelling of railway wagons]

Yes, a matching push-pull coach would be excellent, also the NE coal hopper still in use across the northeast right through the LNER preiod and into BR days. Hopper would be a great match to the Q6 too,

To late the cry having previous suggested such waggons [and yes thats the older spelling of wagon] for use with the Q6........

Archived