arcair le mans set

Paulali

Very nice set! The product listing says that the space required is 243 x 243 cm. I would think you could fit any of the twelve layouts in that space and some of them in a smaller space. This is the list of track pieces in the set, together with their dimensions, so you could work out the space taken by those twelve track plans...

• ARC AIR powerbase (Standard straight 350mm)
  • 2 x Hairpin curve R1 90 deg (214mm radius)
  • 2 x Racing curve (370mm radius)
  • 3 x Standard straight (350mm)
  • 8 x Standard curve 45 deg (370mm radius)
  • 2 x Half straight (175mm)
  • 2 x Side swipe (350mm)
  • 2 x Long straight (584mm)

Of course, you don't have to use all the pieces - and that means you can modify those designs to fit in a smaller space. The only rules are that you must use the ARC Air powerbase and both (or none) of the racing curves in your layout. Also, the R1 hairpin curve must have a sideswipe on each end. You can experiment when you get the set.

Have fun!

well im  up and running,with no problems,so far!!!!,my only little niggle,are the cars faster than say 30 / 40 years ago? i suppose with technology they are,but what a shame,with all the realism from scalextric it seems silly to have these cars go as fast as they do,with my acr air i will be able to pace/slow the cars,i think,but what speed in scale are they going? no problem keeping them on the track,as i said all very realistic, cars,pit stops etc but having something rattle along like that does not seem in keeping with scale of the cars,but as i said a minor niggle,and also you can gear them down,im happy to be back in the hobby

Yes, the cars are definitely significantly faster than I remember as a youth.

I find setting the power to 50% is good starting point.

It's still enough power to go fast enough to crash but the cars don't get launced into orbit when they leave the slot.

Some cars are faster than others so varying the power available by +/- 5% with the custom setting helps to even them out.

Archived