Hornby top 10, most exspensive modern items

new lad on block

Hi All, Have been at a loose end today.Reading the 'Live Steam' post about prices decided to research  top ten most exspensive Modern Hornby items. By modern I mean made in last 40 years. Prices relised on a auction site.Prices quoted achieved,in last few months.Perhaps someone else could research older items.Will upload photos and details one item at a time.

Number 10. R1172. The Majestic Train set. £430./media/tinymce_upload/ac2162bbe43d0bb9ab51445656199284.JPG

It does not surprise me that Spencer and Murodch comes in this section. Should not R9257 Spencer come under this section? This is rare too.

I am surpirsed The Majestic Train Set is classed as a rare item. I can remember five years ago, back in 2013, when this was released. Crazy that it's that long ago.

GNR-Gordon-4

OK, I understand. Both Spencer models are. R9749 Spencer is rarer, due to less models being made, but newer, which could be why people want these than R9257. R9257 Spencer is still rare, so either Spencer's are worth owner. The Hornby Spencer is a rare locomotive to own.

GNR-Gordon-4

Six fences for over £500.00?! That‘s stupid. Nobody will pay that! Now I must go and look for the listing.

UPDATE:

I just found the listing. It’s being sold by a business seller, who sells things at sky high prices. They won’t sell those fences packs. They need to give at least 90% discount, to sell them!  😆

GNR-Gordon-4

Hi, there as been a few in the past who over rate items. Prices are for what they sold for, I did not include asking prices, as some are too fantastic.I have lots in my collection that are worth a lot less than I paid for them.The problem is that one sale may achieve £2600 the next, £400.I do expect all the 'Papyrus' to come out of the 'woodwork' though.