Replacement Bodies & Tenders, Live Steam.

new lad on block

Just a thought Hornby,as there seems to be intertest in the live steam range and the fact there are only 8 different locos in the range. Would it be possible to produce un-named bodies and tenders of A3s. and A4s.To fit the existing live steam loco workings. Different colour liveries could be produced, and various names numbers,could be  provided either with bodies or as seperate items.These can then be swapped around to suit individual tastes.This is done I believe in the RC car racing scene.The transformer / controller may be more exspensive to produce, but if so I am sure if there is demand, generic types would become available.

Hi WTD, the bodies of the LIve steam locos are not the same as the normal Hornby runs. They are made from special heat resisting plastic.It may not be a good idea to put normal Hornby bodies on those particular locomotives.As Hornby as made runs as low as 250 for NRM and Rails they could produce that amount as a trail run to see how it is received by the buying public.At the moment a live steam loco body is on sale for £54 and a tender for £32.

Hornby barley produce many spares at all. The only spares you can get are wheels and coupilings. That's about it. I have tried getting spare funnels and domes in the past, with no success. So you have no chance getting a spare body, new lad on block.

I find when it comes to spares, the best option is to buy another of the item you have, or buy a tatty one, to donate parts from. Those are the best options.

GNR-Gordon-4

Archived