Buy new cars

barryhi33

This site? :-)

But they dont sell 'Digital' cars that I can see - only DPR cars and seperate plugs.

As I am in the market for 4 cars I was hoping to find a supplier where the cars are ready to go and priced a bit better then circa £41 + £16 for the setup.

thanks

I'm pretty sure Scalextric haven't released any individual digital cars for very many years. Jadlams sell new DPR cars in which they've installed a chip and list them as 'digital' on their site. I know other retailers will fit the chip into a DPR car and some even offer a c7005 chip-fitting service for non-DPR cars. But you will always pay the cost of the car + the cost of the chip - and in some cases (especially where soldering is required) an extra fitting fee.

It's extremely easy to fit the C8515 and, if you shop around and use discount codes, you can get cars for a lot less than £41 and chips for as little as £13. The 10% discount for Scalextric Club members on this site (plus free postage on orders over £30) is certainly useful.

Of course, there are eBay sellers who sell digital cars split from sets, some marked 'new' and some 'pre-owned', mostly older super-resistant GT cars.

I'm pretty sure Scalextric haven't released any individual digital cars for very many years. Jadlams sell new DPR cars in which they've installed a chip and list them as 'digital' on their site. I know other retailers will fit the chip into a DPR car and some even offer a c7005 chip-fitting service for non-DPR cars. But you will always pay the cost of the car + the cost of the chip - and in some cases (especially where soldering is required) an extra fitting fee.

It's extremely easy to fit the C8515 and, if you shop around and use discount codes, you can get cars for a lot less than £41 and chips for as little as £13. The 10% discount for Scalextric Club members on this site (plus free postage on orders over £30) is certainly useful.

Of course, there are eBay sellers who sell digital cars split from sets, some marked 'new' and some 'pre-owned', mostly older super-resistant GT cars.

I understand and agree with your comments.

I am quite happy to fit plugs myself but struggle to justify buying seperate car/plug when it costs me more than a supplier will sell ready fitted.

You mentioned Jadlam so you will know that they sell new high detail cars fitted with C8515 at a discounted price. I was just asking if anyone knew/used another supplier. (For my needs I would save £40)

For my own reasons I would prefer not to buy from Jadlam.

Unfortunately new people cannot join the 'Scalextric Club' and enjoy a discount.

Thanks

Apparently the Scalextric Club will be relaunched soon. I'd hope the club discount will be part of the new package. There's an online form to fill in if you want to be notified when it all happens: https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/new-club-coming-soon

The handy thing about the C8515 digital plug is that you can move them around your cars, so keeping down costs. I certainly have more cars than chips - but all my cars are bought to be raced.

I am a little surprised that no-one deals, or can recommend, a local or national supplier with a good reputation.

I am not after cheap £20 cars - I am looking to buy new, high detail models.

Jadlam sell them ready chipped for £47 which is a £10 saving per car.

Thanks anyway - I will continue my search....................

Hi Barry - as I said, no retailers (apart from Jadlams) sell individual digital cars.

Now, if you want my recommendations for Scalextric stockists, that's a completely different question! My favourite online stockists are Pendle Slot Racing, Top Slots & Trains, Typhoon Slots & Models and Jadlams. However, I prefer to see cars 'in the flesh' - so I enjoy regular trips to my local Scalextric stockist, Morris Models, and visit the Scalextric swapmeets near me - Orpington and Havant - and the UK Slot Car Festival in May.

The full list of Scalextric stockists is here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/stockists

all this sounds like is really an ad for jadlam

if you want someone to sell you new chipped toys for less

try email ,  asking for a better price for the volume you commit to buy

otherwise try slot car shows looking for cash discount

maybe toyrus sells them or any of the other brick and mortars with closing clearance sales

try bidding or making offers on ebay

if all else fails you will have to go to the back of the line like everyone else at the cash registar

Archived