Hornby class 56127 Dcc Sound

ron 47

Hi all i have had a class 56 127 Dcc Sound  that i need to remove the boges from the loco.as the motor is turning but i think there may be some thing stuk in the boges how do i get the boges of to have a look as i can see the prop trying to turn. Thank you Ron

Maybe better to remove the body first. There are 4 screws underneath, remove these and the body just lifts off. Will give you access to the drive shafts and motor if you remove the circuit board carefully.........HB

Service sheet 310e

Hi Howbiman . yep we got the body of no problem that how i can see the prop moving there is a lot to remove from the loco. so that is if i can get the boges of then that seem to be the way to go. the loco is not mine but have been offer it as as a non runner but i think it has grit in the loco gears. thank Ron

From memory of a previous post there is a clip on each bogie tower that when removed allows access to the gears and lets the bogie drop out.

The awkward bit is reengaging the cardan shafts upon reassembly.

Rob

Ron, before you take the body off, unclip the flat bottom areas below each bogie to reveal the wheel sets and gears. Check here its not bunged up and clean and oil.  When you oil the gears here, you msy be able to reach the input of the cardon shaft into the bogie. I have to attend to one of my Cl56 for this same reason. regards Nick

I have tried to download the Service sheet for the 56 but it is not letting me. Ron

Ron,

Service sheet PDFs download in the background with little or no indication. The amount of indication you get depends upon what browser you are using and its settings.

If you look in your nominated 'Download Folder' you will most likely find your downloaded spreadsheets there.

I do wish that Hornby would configure their website to 'open' downloaded PDFs in a browser tab as a viewable object. It would make life so much easier.

Hi all have 56 Running now the worm in the end of the drive shaff had ceased up but it still macking a lot of noise so i think a replase ment is in order. so peter spears tommorrow. thank all that have help. me

Ron

Archived