Fitting decoders to Battle of Britain/ West Country locos

Steamy1957

Hi

I want to fit some of my Battle Of Britain's/ West Country Locos with tts or normal decoders most of my locos have the new plug into the tender I have heard you have to be careful with the tender steps and handles when opening the tenders as they are attached and it is not straight forward any help would be welcome

Regards

The first of those R numbers comes up DCC fitted, the second DCC Ready, both loco drive.  Is yours not DCC fitted already  

I suggest you you don’t need to open the tender, just the loco and fit the deoder. If TTS, use a sugar cube speaker and mount in the loco too.  

Unless of course these are designed for TTS with decoder and speaker in the tender but I can’t see any indication that is the case.

The first of those R numbers comes up DCC fitted, the second DCC Ready, both loco drive.  Is yours not DCC fitted already  

I suggest you you don’t need to open the tender, just the loco and fit the deoder. If TTS, use a sugar cube speaker and mount in the loco too.  

Unless of course these are designed for TTS with decoder and speaker in the tender but I can’t see any indication that is the case.

In the downloads area for Maintenance Sheets there are two variants for these locos, one is not DCC ready and the other has a socket in the loco.

There may be a later one that has the socket in the tender and also sound ready. If anyone has this sheet then please scan it and post on theforums.

Rob

Hi Steamy1957,Photos of the maintenance sheets which I have for my locos. 1st. is R3468 other is R3618.More or less same except later one mentions removing Handbrake.If wanting the earlier sheets please advise and will photo.Only photographed/media/tinymce_upload/302d72760a53717677e18345f7121f20.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/abcdfbcd92754a66136c9b5503dee5c5.JPG part refering to tender.

Archived