Running HVR2 on Windows 10 ??

Guest Chrissaf

• 1 month later...

hi guys, hvr2 will run on w10 using the patches and running in compatable mode.i have it running on a straight w10 laptop and my old w7 acer upright upgraded to w10.only thing not working right is when you try to make or modify a new base board, trying to place and work with the points is crazy. any ideas.????

• 10 months later...

I just successfully got HVR2 running on my Win10 PC, after many years of it not running well on Win7.

Basically I loaded it and ran it once, badly; ran a second time as admin, and told Win10 to patch the issues. It then ran well; though the Ad Layouts pack did not appear to be loading (fixed by patch), and it was super fast.

I am running Win 10 in 64-bit; on an i7-7700K CPU; with 16Gb RAM

The speed was initially out of hand on everything, but this adjusted back to normal once I added the patches. 

I actualy wanted to use the track plan function, but it is always nice to see a loco and train go around!

Cheers all!

P

• 1 year later...

So which order to you install the items? I used the "Vista" patch to change the setup files. Failed to run. Then I tried using the HVR2Patch6 files but I get an error " Failed to find 16-bit or 32-bit adapter mode" Seems like something to do with the graphics card.

Steven

Teiger,

Look at PhillipCUK's posting date and post count.

Last post Nov 2018

Post count 1

The chances of him being on the forum and seeing your post and responding are extremely slight. This forum does not support any form of messaging, so you do not have any option to send him a message regarding your query.

HVR2 is so obsolete I feel you would be better off looking for similar railway simulation games from the software houses that deal with 'game' products.