elink computor connection problems

GWR 77

can anyone help with this

when iI plug in the USB cable form the e-link to my conputor I get this message

"USB device not regognised

the last device you connected to the computor malfunctiond and windows does not recognise it"

I was using the e-link and conputor with no proble only two day agohave tryswopping thecsable but with on avail

can any make any sergestons

Have you got the USB cable plugged into the same USB port on your computer that you had it plugged into when it was working two days ago? If not turn everything off and resart with it in the same port. Could you have forgotten which it was in? Can you try each port in turn with a restart in between each change?

You could just open Device Manager and read which com port is allocated, should be less than 5, then check it is set the same in RM setup.

If you confirm the com port is correctly set, and you’ve tried swapping cables, and still the eLink isn’t recognised, it may well be faulty. If so I would contact Hornby Customer Care about repair or replacement, particularly if still under warranty. 

Depending upon your version of Windows, Dev Mgr may not actuallyflag the eLink, so the only way to confirm the port is to unplug and replug whilst watching Dev Mgr repopulate its list.

Once sure of the port number check RM setup is using that port number.

In the event the driver is capputt, delete the eLink and driver in Dev Mgr, make sure RM is off and replug the eLink, whereupon Windows will find it and load the driver, then you can start RM.

Rob

Archived