Fitting a KIng Class TTS decoder to King Henry111 - R3410

Johnbw

I am trying to fit the Digital Sound decoder R8109 to the above loco but absolutely stumped as to how to fit the speaker in the tender.   There are no clear instructions about this either with the decoder or the Loco boxes.

I cannot find any useful info by Googling either. Can anyoen help please?

Hi Johnbw, welcome to the Forum...........if your tender looks like this King class........first remove the 2 screws holding the weight, feed the speaker through the hole in the weight and place the speaker (facing downwards) into the recess provided. Replace the weight and screws......plug in the decoder and all should work........HB

/media/tinymce_upload/02319a3cfd4b4cfdf12fc540f2e2bbf4.png

Further to the above advice, if your speaker comes in a plastic enclosure then that will not fit under the weight and will have to be put aside for another project. Just fit the speaker on its own.

You can also improve the sound quality by glueing a piece of card over the hole in the weight to isolate the top and bottom of the speaker.

Rob

This shows a micro cube speaker sitting on the front chassis of an MN under the funnel with the TTS decoder plugged in just behind it and slipped into the smokebox area of the body. Don’t forget to drill out the funnel AFAP. 

Rob

/media/tinymce_upload/40fbfb7799deb36f99e12bbadfaf98ab.png

Pedantic pedant......of course I meant internal diameter and to drill clear through. Do I need to say vertically as well. How else would the sound get out.

Now is not a good time to bait me with me silly questions. I am in the middle of moving. Selling a house here can be very rapid and completed in a day if necessary. I have lots of things to do and the forum may not be top of my list this week.

Rob

Archived