BR, Period II 68' Dining/Restaurant Car, M236M - Era 4

david_watts1

david_watts1, you have not missed the release of R4188D BR, Period II 68' Dining/Restaurant Car, M236M - Era 4. It's due for release next month (February 2019). Please keep in mind that this is an estimate and this could easily change and get released anytime later in the year.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

At nearly £50 a pop now, Hornby has certainly had its moneysworth out of this old model, which it inherited from Dapol many years back. It was a very good model in its day, but, unsurprisingly, no longer up to today's standards with the gaping solebar cut-outs to accommodate the 12-wheel bogies on small radius curves. I have a couple of Dapol originals, which were supplied with alternative underframes, with and without the cut-outs.  

• 1 year later...

At nearly £50 a pop now, Hornby has certainly had its moneysworth out of this old model, which it inherited from Dapol many years back. It was a very good model in its day, but, unsurprisingly, no longer up to today's standards with the gaping solebar cut-outs to accommodate the 12-wheel bogies on small radius curves. I have a couple of Dapol originals, which were supplied with alternative underframes, with and without the cut-outs.  

Thanks Lansing,

Is this is a new release of the SAME model? (I've never seen either) If you don't know, perhaps you could point me to the answer? Looking at both on eBa, the only difference I can see is the price hike?!

i