System error when opening Railmaster

Hi. Have done a search on this forum and cannot find my problem so wondered if anyone has come across this. I tried to open Railmaster on one of my laptops this morning (Windows 10 32 bit) for first time in several months. I selected yes when asked for permission to make changes as normal but all I then got was a small rectangular frame with Railmaster at the top. In bold letters it said System Error followed by a string of numbers and letters and option to select OK. I selected OK and box closed and nothing else happened. I have tried again and then again after rebooting the computer and same happened every time. Any thoughts please?

Cliff

...permission to make (what) changes...

Downloading and installing the latest version from the top of page link may fix your current perceived problem but could invoke other comms problems - if you have been following the v1.70 thread then you will be aware of what others are struggling with at present.

Thanks fellas. If I can find my original download file I can try a reinstall rather than 1.70. I definitely don't want to create more problems-thanks for the warning RAF96. I don't quite understand your permission comment though. I was not seeking any permission - I think. I had not seen this box before and just can't proceed past it. My other laptop has 1.69v2 on it so I could possibly use download from that.

Anyway thanks again guys.

Archived