Problem with RailMaster App on IPad.

Before contacting RailMaster Support I just thought I would see if anybody has had a similar problem with an IPad and maybe come up with a solution. 

I have had the App working relatively fine on an old IPad for some time and even better since they ironed out a load of the problems. So I thought I would put a copy on my wife’s IPad so that my two Granddaughters could use one each and control a train each.

Sad to say the App will not work on the second IPad. I just get the layout and no engine control panels and no option to go into settings. See screen shots attached when they have been passed.

I did see the controllers fleetingly when it started up but then they were covered up by the layout which appears to be on the wrong side of the screen and there is a blank area to the right the size of the area for the two controllers.

The old IPad is on OS 9.3.5 as it will not upgrade any further.

The problem IPad is an IPad Air on OS 12.2

/media/tinymce_upload/241e16b8026e46f1e25090ce32acb41f.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/edab4b1ba6fa9c99ca2c0203c0056c4a.JPG

Ducky1

I'm assuming that as you are getting the plan that you do have a 2nd licence for the 2nd iPad?

If so, did you fire the 2nd one up in landscape mode? They don't respond well to opening in portrait and being rotated 😀.

If you did open the 2nd one in landscape [and you have 2 licences] it might be best to get in touch with HRMS.

R-

Have you got rotation lock on. I am always catching the button (beside the volume buttons on my iPad) and wondering why its stuck one way or ‘tother.

Being left handed I always have my iPad upside down (Home button under my left thumb). Maybe RM only works correctly when the iPad is right way up (Home button to the right).

Edit - I don’t have RM on my iPad so cannot try it.

That's interesting Rob. If an iPad is rotated so that the home button is on the left hand side you get the screen presentation that Ducky1 is showing.

If you look at his 1st image you can see the home button is on the left.

I've never noticed that as I am right handed - only ever come across the portrait issue.

Perhaps something for the HRMS boffins to resolve?

R-

1. I do not have a license for the second IPad yet as I wanted to test it first. It should work in demo mode.

2. I am trying it on its own at the moment. I do not know if the license is for a particular IPad or any mobile device that is the first to access RailMaster.

3. The Rotation is not locked. I can turn the IPad round and it will  flip from landscape to portrait and back again. It is always the correct way up.

4. I can zoom the layout and operate the points, signals, tipper and conveyor ok.

Ducky1

Archived