Alternative to DCC Concepts ADS8SX

Gbh4

Hi

It”s been almost year now that no stock has been available of the DCC Concepts ADS8SX accessory decoder and about 8 months that I’ve been waiting for a warranty replacement.

I’ve no idea what their issues are as this length of time tends to suggest something other than what they are saying, but regardless does anyone know of an alternative to the ADS8SX?

Not too concerned if it’s two four ways for example.

Thanks

Greg

I see the 2sx is also out of stock. I don’t know the product but is the 4fx any good? 

What are are you being told is the cause if the shortage? When I checked at the beginning of the year it was allegedly to do with a worldwide shortage of micro-controllers. 

R-

Thanks Roger.

Earlier this year I was told it was due to an issue with the aluminium from China. I've been chasing every few months and not really getting an answer. Don't really understand what the issue is as it has been going on for far too long to be anything such as a shortage of components. They are at the show in October in Milton Keynes so I'm going to ask them for a proper answer then.

Will the ADS8FX be any good? From what I understand it is the same as the 8SX but just doesn't have the aluminium cover to it.

I've not seen the 4FX and google doesn't bring any results up?

Ducky1, can you give me a link to the one you use please?

Will the ADS8FX be any good?

There was an issue with a port shorting out too readily - IIRC - which is I think why the casing was applied to the SX version. Hopefully that is sorted on more recently produced stock but it needs checking.

R-

I won’t be selling a faulty one. DCC Concepts have it back and confirmed it wants replacing under warranty.

So if they ever replace it with new I can sell it on. Not sure about refund as I didn’t buy it from them originally.

Archived