Hornby attic finds

Hornby Attic

I was having a post Christmas attic clean up and stumbled upon some old Hornby trains and I was wondering if someone could help me identify them to see if they are special or rare in some way as I myself am not a hobbyist. Thanks in advance for the help.

/media/tinymce_upload/749e2405fd682f1c331a79a87165339e.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/1eed2948def4bb90f402ed9b62afcaa7.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/1ce805d42e334a3cdf99766ead7a9e7e.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/aca711b273ad5a579044cdac1b1867b9.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/c738297b293dfadff0e31f925ceee38c.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/4082425010ec51e69ee2e0326acec64e.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/be56dc4c4333eeed67cb541694bc22d7.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/73c95dd0cdc76aa16ad68acbfe32c4bd.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/4e81578366b5e0b252e3782f28c694ce.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

A quick guesstimate, simply 'whatever people are prepared to pay for them' is within Ebay and somewhere like Hattons (if they have it in stock).

Obviously the latter will have some form of 'handling / marketing charge'.

It will depend on the condition - items and boxes.

Al.

I would just point out to members thinking of replying in this thread. By all means don't let what follows put you off replying, but I have concerns that the OP may not be back to see them.

The original post was dated 27th December as a first time poster. Due to the admin issue already discussed elsewhere it was not published until today 15th Jan. I would think that after three weeks of not seeing their post published, that the OP has probably given up looking for it.

On the basis that you are tenacious enough to return.

I agree with atom - if you are looking to sell them that is. Hattons will buy good quality boxed items. Here is a link to their trade in page. It is very strightforward and they pay the postage. They will start with a low price but you can haggle. R-

WOW What a Collection you have there (I know that the O. P.  probably give up by now like what Chris has said) but still - What a Collection - (I know that you can't buy / sell on this Forum) but I'd be interested in them  😉

What I don't understand is - There seems to be 3 of them A4's in the Wooden box & there are 4 of them "Time for a Change" Certificates (If that's what you want to call them???) - Does any one think that they go together???

JJ

@Chrissaf

I was thinking the same thing when I first found this post. That's the problem with the image approval system, but if the Community Moderators could approve images, they use the fourums more or less all of the time, so images would be approved very quickly day and night, even the holiday seasons.

Let's just hope the original poster (Hornby Attic), does come back to find his / her's thread, otherwise the replies here will be quite pointless and useless really. It's more or the less the same situation, who posted their first post with an image, requiring it to be approved.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

All is not quite what, at first glance, it seems.  Hornby did release three A4s, the last of which came with a presentation box.  However, the locomotives were Sir Ralph Wedgwood in LNER blue, NE black and BR green.  The Duchess of Sutherland was not a Top Link locomotive as it appears to be being portrayed.  The Bachmann Hook Norton Manor looks to have a bogie wheel missing and may well have suffered split driving axles.  Are the four Time For A Change locos correct and accompanied by their plates and certificates?  Valuation is therefore virtually impossible, unfortunately, purely on the photographs.

GS