1/76 scale vehicles

Wellwhynot

Get hold of respresentative size vehicle and loco dimensions and make a scale conversion size comparison. It’s  easy enough to do.

Lorry length and height / 76 or / 87 = xxx . Loco length and height / 76 or /87 = yyy. Compare xxx and yyy. Does it seem OK, or is the manuf adopting o e scale and fobbing it off as another.

My Eddie Stobart truck / lorry models are made by Oxford Diecast. Particulally the juggernaut trucks / lorries are too large. The tractor units look alright (Scale wise), but the trailers are too large in height, or that's how they appear.

When I go out spotting the real life Eddie Stobart trucks, the trailers are taller than the tractor units, but not tall as the model trailers are. I do believe truck / lorry models are overscaled.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

I would suggest you report those observations back to oxford with photos if possible Jacob. They would probably appreciate the feedback.

May I also congratulate you upon your recent forum contributions, which are extremely well received as your expertise in certain areas is exceptional.

Thank you.