About the GWR Engine Shed (R7283)

96RAF

@Jimyjames

That's a nice locomotive shed you own, JJ. What's the product number of it? I assume it's a Hornby product?

For all we know yet, R7283 may have opening doors. That image you posted your original post to this topic, may be a prototype image, but I am not sure if if it is or not.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

I hope I've put this in the right thread - it does say - "all questions are welcome"

With the main doors on the shed are closed - do they open at all??? I've looked at its product page & it says nothing about the doors being able to open or close - can't see any hinges or any thing like that - if the main doors aren't opening or closeing to let the Locos in/ out, not much use as a "Engine Shed"!!! 

/media/tinymce_upload/92e3f0b9f53cdeee7686f03b2c0f3ea5.jpg

Looking at the close up of the shed, the doors go all the way to ground level, so even as a "prop" you'd have to stop the track butted up against the door, or cut the door - not easy with resin!

**update** This is one of the ex-Oxford range that hadn't yet been released, but now part of Hornby range.  Found this on the Oxford website:

"The doors are provided loose so that the modeller can either fit them open or closed"