The Hornby Book of Trains – The First One Hundred Years: Expensive Price

NWR-Gordon-4

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

""Fair use for quotation, critique or reviewThe Society of Authors advises that limited citations of a work are allowed if used solely for the purpose of critique or review under the following conditions:

Providing the work is publicly availableThe source of the work is acknowledgedThe quoted material is supplemented by topical discussion or assessmentThe extent of material quoted is considered an acceptable amount for the purpose of review""

All text is © British Library...

I'm still kicking myself from a few years ago, I saw copies of Pat Hammond's vol 3 available at discount price, but I wasn't too well. By the time I pulled myself together and pulled out the credit card, they'd sold out. Can't get it even secondhand now for much under £150. Whether Pat Hammond would consider the publishers issuing a new print. I've got vols 1 and 2, they're fabulous and worth every penny.

Speaking as a sometime sparky, I find it annoying that the Wiring Regulations book which we all have to have uptodate copies of, costs £60 plus each time. Its black and white text not glorious colour prints and half the pages of a typical Marshall Cavendish collectors volume. And is worth almost nothing when the next edition is printed. It's not like it's a limited run print either. Even if some sparkies don't bother....... 😇 I'd guess that at least 200,000 of the 250,000 plus do each time.