help track centers for double width platform.

Buz

Hi guys
Can any one tell me the track centers required.
For the old Triang double?? width platform is.
I have enough of this to do a single platform terminus plus a
cross piece at the end to put the building's on.
What I don't have is

any Triang literature old enough.
To use as a guide to determine how far apart the two tracks need to be,
for a dead end track each side of the platform.
regards John

Just put the track next to the platform like normal! Obviusly not so close that trins hit the platform, and not too far away that passengers would have to jump a big gap in order to board!!! Or am i missing something!!
JLBA

Strange request so unless, like JLBA, I am missing something if you have the platform then surely you can measure and work out the track centres yourself. The recommended clearance for the centre of track from the edge of the platform varies but is generally

about 19-25mm. More if there are any curves or points. There must be more to your request so I await further details or clarification.

Hi JLBA and 37lover
What you have missed is that the old double width Triang and modern Hornby ex Triang plastic platforms.
Were made so that using a set of points and certain set track pieces you could set up so the platform could be put between

the tracks with the right spacing every time.
The standard sizes of set track pieces have not changed.
So once I know the measurement or which pieces of track where used I can then set out the track centers
Lay the cork and flex track knowing the

platform will fit the gap once the track is pinned down.
I don't want to be messing around for hours or days wasting time and materials using hack and try methods on a seven foot long platform.
Like may things in both the real railway and model railway

world there is a set distance, and it is that set distance I need.
I was hoping someone might have the much older Triang documentation and be able to tell me
Or point me to a BRM standard clearance diagram for OO scale.
regards John

Hi John,
If you are using standard Hornby setrack the spacing between the tracks will be correct for the platform dimensions. Hornby setrack geometry has been consistant including the Tri-ang period. The track spacing (6' way) is overscale but is designed

to acomodate the overhangs (locos and coaches) on the under scale curves employed.

Hi Blackbird
I will be using that very well know UK brand P*** set and flexible track.
It like Hornby conforms to British std geometry
But has a far more versatile range of pieces and points.
The station throat will be set track which just

means the point is R2 instead of R1
like the Triang grey based standard track was.
That should not make any difference as far as getting the track spacing,just get a slightly better look and none or very few rolling stock restrictions.
regards John

• 1 month later...

Archived