Elevated track sidewalls (R660)

chris_ansell

The R537 track fencing clips are part number S8178 but trying to find a model retailer with stock is another thing entirely. You might find them listed on eBay.

Looking at the end moulding (fence end) of the two different clips, they look to me (at face value) to be completely different. Really needs a HD image of the R660 to be totally sure.

R660 clip

/media/tinymce_upload/c26d2e0cc04736bcc7dc7cc8efee2c1a.jpg

S8178 (R537) clip

/media/tinymce_upload/e8932bf2a9db0f0b46d45b31711dafc4.jpg

Info found using Google search.

I use Google Advanced Search.....its advanced filters really allow you to focus on exactly what you are searching for. Far more effective than Google's basic search. I also use the Advanced Search to find those elusive forum posts that others can't find. I did post a 'how to search' tutorial. See TIP 10 in my 'How to Use the forum' thread

The secret to finding things on Google is not to look too hard. My wife finds things I can’t because she has no idea what to look for other than using what info I feed her.

she says you are lifting rocks to look under them when it is a rock you are looking for.

I am not 100% sure about gluing, I had some of these sidewalls (lattice girders really) which were moulded in very flexible black plastic, the slippery kind, and I am fairtly certain that PVA will peel off very easily. It may be OK on straight sections provided there is no pressure on it but once you curve it as intended I suspect they won't stay where you put them.

I have had great difficulty attaching shiny flexible plastic to almost anything but when I do need to I will try PVA again and see if it works. 

PVA is especially good on card and wood (ond on certain natural products like coal or stone) and I use it all the time but trying to fix metal or plastic has not been that successful. I have tried Uhu (messy stuff) and even Evostick with variable results. Cyanoacrylates sometimes work.