Oxford models

Wellwhynot

I have bought stuff from China post free where the actual postage price stamped on the package was more than I paid for the product in the first place. How does that work.

The reason being that it is Chinese government policy to provide for free/subsidised international postage for Chinese manufacturers and suppliers.

Regards

Simple logic would tell most people that is your expenditure exceeds your income you are not going to be in business for long. If your income is zero cause you are giving it away free then your expenditure has to be less than zero. This is not a very good business model as a very, very basic rule of any business, if you are not making money you will not be making or providing anything for very long.

Postage free, interest free it’s all the same it’s never free it’s just included or factored into the price. People can be very gullible when it comes to marketing, simple use of words to make them think they are getting something for nothing, postage free sounds like a bonus, postage included does not but they are the same thing. Simple dictionary definition, free means at no cost, if you have to spend a certain amount of money to get something then it can’t be free.

For me cashback has to be the best one, they give you back some money you just gave them and people think this good. Take out a £1000,000 mortgage and they give you 5K cashback. Brilliant you just borrowed 5K more than you needed and you will pay interest on that 5K for the next 25 years which probably costs you about double.